Palm Coast, FL – Active adults ages 50+ can now sign up for the third annual Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games – offering competition in 14 sports. The Senior Games, presented by Cora Health Services Inc., will be held Sept. 10 to 18.
The Seniors Games are open to men and women ages 50 and up competing against other athletes of the same gender and age group. Registration is $15 and includes a T-shirt and participation in one sports event; participation in each additional sports event is $5. Competition is offered in nine different age categories.
To register, visit www.palmcoastgov.com/
“The tradition of the Senior Games is to offer fun, fellowship, fitness and competition, and that is a perfect match for Palm Coast and all of Flagler with our community’s emphasis on active lifestyle and recreation,” said Recreation Superintendent Alex Boyer of the Palm Coast Parks & Recreation Department. “This is our third year of competition, and we invite you to help us make the third annual Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games the best ever, whether as an athlete or a spectator,” Boyer said.
The Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games are sanctioned by the Florida Sports Foundation and serve as a local qualifying event for the Florida Senior Games State Championships. This year’s events are:
· Archery: 9 a.m. Sept. 10; at Indian Trails Middle School fields, 5505 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
· Golf Croquet: 8:30 a.m. Sept. 10; at Palm Harbor Golf Club, 100 Cooper Lane, Palm Coast
· Cycling: 8:30 a.m. Sept. 11; starting course location TBA
· Ballroom Dancing (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Swing, Rumba and Cha Cha): 2 p.m. Sept. 11; at the VFW, 37 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast
· Tennis: 9 a.m. Sept. 12; at the Palm Coast Tennis Center, 1290 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
· Tennis Mixed Doubles: 9 a.m. Sept. 13; at the Palm Coast Tennis Center, 1290 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
· Golf: Sept. 14, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start; at Palm Harbor Golf Club, at 20 Palm Harbor Drive, Palm Coast
· Horseshoes: 7:30 a.m. Sept. 14; at Old Dixie Community Park on North Old Dixie Highway, Bunnell
· Indoor Volleyball: 6 p.m. Sept. 14; location TBA
· Pickleball: 9 a.m. Sept. 15; at Belle Terre Park Tennis Center, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
· Pickleball Doubles: 9 a.m. Sept. 16; at Belle Terre Park Tennis Center, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
· Basketball Shooting: 6 p.m. Sept. 16; location TBA
· Table Tennis: 6 p.m. Sept. 16; location TBA
· Swimming: 9 a.m. Sept. 17; at Frieda Zamba Swimming Pool, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
The Palm Coast City Council and representatives of Cora Health Services officially kicked off the 2016 Senior Games season with a proclamation on May 17. Cora Health Services is partnering with the City to provide public educational programs and sports medicine services for athletic events in Palm Coast this year. Cora Health Services has two clinics in Palm Coast.
The Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games are also sponsored by Humana and the Palm Coast Observer.