Daytona Beach, FL – It’s not unusual to see the Daytona Beach Police Department do an undercover operation targeting prostitution before, during or after big events.
But it’s not often that you see this many arrested.
36 people ended up behind bars at Volusia County Jail on Monday (March 11th) and Tuesday (March 12th) during a two-day effort focused on areas where prostitution is prevalent, primarily the U.S. 1/Ridgewood Avenue corridor.
Click the Facebook post below to see the mugshots.
The operation took place near the beginning of Bike Week 2019, which started on March 8th and ends on Sunday (March 17th).
17 women and one man were arrested during the first day of the operation, which saw undercovers posed as customers looking to pay for sex.
The lone male arrested that day – 50-year-old Albert Gibson of Orlando – approached an undercover vehicle and told officers he was looking for a prostitute, per his arrest report.
Another of those arrested on Monday – 62-year-old Virginia L. Bumgarner of DeLand – agreed to a sex act in exchange for a ride home so she wouldn’t have to take the bus, according to her arrest report.
The other 18 arrested – all men – were booked on Tuesday when the script was flipped, with undercovers posing as prostitutes.
Ten of the arrested were from outside of the Volusia/Flagler area, including three Floridians: Gibson, 34-year-old Cassandra J. Helms of Orlando and 33-year-old Earnest M. Moore of Tampa.
The rest were from outside of Florida and are listed below, including their names, ages and city of residence:
- Angelica W. Jones, 30 (Russell Springs, Kentucky)
- Jason A. Rawlings, 36 (Catonsville, Maryland)
- Melton F. Bellamy, 36 (Hephzibah, Georgia)
- Shawen S. Davidson, 39 (Miamisburg, Ohio)
- James S. Fuchs, 49 (Shelbyville, Indiana)
- Timothy J. Brandon, 52 (Clover, South Carolina)
- Gregory S. Moseley, 67 (Roswell, Georgia)
The remaining 26 reside locally, per their arrest reports. They are listed below, including their names, ages and city of residence:
- Ali M. Alshehabi, 22 (Port Orange)
- Alicia J. Bowman-Gallmon, 25 (Daytona Beach)
- Bairon A. Rivera Pacheco, 26 (Daytona Beach)
- Joni M. Harper, 29 (DeLand)
- Ed L. Sanders, 32 (Daytona Beach)
- Dominique N. Robinson, 33 (Daytona Beach)
- Melissa A. Matucha, 34 (Daytona Beach)
- Jennifer L. Hamersly, 36 (Ormond Beach)
- Spenca T. Vreen, 36 (Daytona Beach)
- Alison J. Cababe, 38 (New Smryna Beach)
- Bernyce B. Bohannon, 40 (Daytona Beach)
- Melissa A. Ackerson, 40 (Daytona Beach)
- Venus M. Gonzalez, 42 (Daytona Beach)
- Wendy S. Keyes, 42 (South Daytona)
- Nancy A. McCloud, 42 (South Daytona)
- Rosa L. Segarea, 43 (Daytona Beach)
- Billie J. Bedillion, 44 (Daytona Beach)
- Kathy L. Abell, 49 (Port Orange)
- Michael N. Bailey, 49 (Daytona Beach)
- Louis C. Bernabe III, 49 (Daytona Beach)
- Martin Klein, 61 (Palm Coast)
- Harold G. Ashley, 62 (Ormond Beach)
- Brian R. Cape, 69 (Ormond Beach)
- John Caputo, 72 (Ormond Beach)
- Zissis Garis, 79 (Daytona Beach)
Some of those arrested face additional charges, mainly related to parole violations or possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia.