Daytona Beach, FL – The Daytona Beach Police Department finally secures an arrest warrant against a suspect who just turned 18.
And now that they have an arrest warrant, Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri said he’s doubling the prize for his arrest.
“I’m upping the reward from $5,000 to $10,000.”
Chief Capri made that announcement earlier today (July 18th) in regards to Kevin Stokes, who turned 18 on Tuesday (July 16th).
Stokes was originally a person of interest in the death of 19-year-old Daemon Carn, who was a victim to one of six shootings that plagued the Daytona Beach area last week.
But, now that the Daytona Beach Police Department has secured an arrest warrant, Stokes is officially a suspect who is facing first-degree murder charges.
Police confirmed that they are still searching for Stokes and they are looking to the public to get assistance with information regarding his whereabouts.
They believe he is still in the area but DBPD said they’re working with other law enforcement agencies such as the Volusia and Flagler County Sheriff’s Offices in the search for Stokes.
Anyone with information is urged to call Detective David Dinardi at 386-671-5219 or email him at email@example.com.
Anonymous tips can also be submitted through Crime Stoppers by calling 1-888-277-TIPS (8477).