Daytona Beach, FL – The Daytona Beach area saw a slight dip in single-family home sales in March compared to last year, but inventory levels of homes continued to rise.
In March, 446 detached existing single-family homes were sold around Daytona Beach with a median sales price of $234,997, according to Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data provided by The Wyse Home Realty Team. That is a 3.6% decrease in overall sales and a 19% increase in sales prices when compared with the same month last year. When compared with February of this year, sales actually skyrocketed up by more than 30%, and prices were up 2%.
“Median prices continue to be substantially higher than they were around this time last year, which is great news for local homeowners,” Daytona Beach area realtor Ron Wysocarski, Broker and CEO of Wyse Home Team Realty in Port Orange explains. “Although we did see a slight decline in the number of home sales during the first quarter of the year, we still anticipate a busy spring and summer sales season.”
You can find monthly and yearly comparisons for home sales and prices, courtesy of The Wyse Home Realty Team, below:
- March 2018: 446 sales, $234,997 median sales price.
- March 2017: 463 sales, $197,000 median sales price.
- Feb. 2018: 342 sales, $230,000 median sales price.
- Feb. 2017: 339 sales, $200,000 median sales price.
- YTD 2018: 1090 sales, $227,800 median sales price.
- YTD 2017: 1113 sales, $200,000 median sales price.
Inventory levels of single-family homes in the Daytona Beach area continued an upward trend. 9% more single-family homes were available for sale in year-over-year comparisons, and 5% more homes came on the market for the first quarter of this year as opposed to the same period last year.
“Inventory levels have continued to improve since the start of the year,” Wysocarski says. “The improvements coupled with the slight slowdown in sales could be early signs of the local market leveling out a bit. Time is of the essence for homeowners who want or need to sell this year.”
MLS inventory data, courtesy of the Wyse Report, can be found below:
- March 2018: 2368 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- March 2017: 2174 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Feb 2018: 2246 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- Feb. 2017: 2108 single family home listings were active at some point during the month.
- 2018 YTD: 3531 home listings were active at some point during the first three months of this year.
- 2017 YTD: 3364 home listings were active at some point during the first three months of last year.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018.