Daytona Beach, FL – One lucky Volusia County High School student has a chance to win money not just for themselves, but for their art program as well.
One Daytona’s Gallery500 announced earlier today (July 11th) that it’s hosting a high school art exhibition that’s featuring nine high school students’ work from Volusia County Schools.
The exhibition will also be juried and judged by different local community partners. Those judges include Cameron Vinston, the Executive Director at ArtHaus, Stacey Fletcher-Reynolds, Assistant Professor of Studio Arts at Daytona State College and Jessica Kennedy, the Gallery Manager at Gallery 500.
The pieces won’t be judged until sometime in August, but students can expect to walk away with a prize if they win.
“The winning student will receive $500 in cash and $500 for their school’s art program,” said Gentry Baumline-Robinson, the Communications Manager at the gallery.
Baumline-Robinson also said it’s just Volusia County high schools participating and they hope to do other projects with VCS in the near future.
The students being featured in the gallery are:
- Kayla Sanden-Kolheffer, Seabreeze High School
- Hannah Rice, Seabreeze High School
- Madison Sloan, Seabreeze High School
- Wyatt Wilson, DeLand High School
- Serrie Gregor, Spruce Creek High School
- Madison Mulcahy, Spruce Creek High School
- Jordan Vegiard, Spruce Creek High School
- Katherine Drescher, Deltona High School
- Katherine Cintron, Deltona High School
Guests are welcome to view the pieces during Gallery500’s normal business hours of Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Monday by appointment.
You can find Gallery500 at One Daytona in Victory Circle. The pieces will be in place until August 15th.