Daytona Beach, FL – Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center (FHMMC) has been named one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics.
Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals has been ranking hospitals since 1993 and it measures areas like patient mortality, the length of stay and inpatient expenses. FHMMC has earned this ranking for the 2nd year in a row, and it is the only hospital in the area to earn this title.
According to data collected by Truven from this year’s study, if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as in the 100 Top hospitals, then:
- Nearly than 89,000 additional lives could be saved
- Over 61,000 additional patients could be complication-free
- Over $5.6 billion in inpatient costs could be saved
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day
- Over 300,000 fewer discharged patients would be readmitted within 30 days
- Patients would spend nine minutes less in hospital emergency departments per visit
“What’s really exciting about this particular award is that it isn’t something we applied for. Instead, Truven independently evaluates very important aspects of health care, such as patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability,” says FHMMC CEO, Ed Noseworthy. “I’m really proud of this designation, as it serves as a powerful testament to our staff’s dedication to providing the highest standard of care and improvement. This is the work that we do every day and we are so humbled to be listed among the top 100 hospitals in the nation.”
For more information on the Top 100, visit 100TopHospitals.com.
Photo courtesy Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.