Discarded Cigarette Sparks Edgewater House Fire

Posted

Edgewater garage

Edgewater, FL-Residents displaced by a garage fire at a home in Edgewater Saturday are staying with friends while repairs are made. Fire officials say the fire in the garage of the home was caused by a discarded cigarette. Fire damaged the garage and smoke damaged the home.

Fire crews went to the home at 2615 Kumquat Drive on Saturday around 8 PM when a caller reported the garage was on fire.

Police officers arriving at the scene helped the occupant get out safely. The loss is estimated at $30,000. There were no injuries.

Edgewater Fire was assisted by New Smyrna Beach Fire Department.

2016 Southern Stone Communications Copyright

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment