Apartment Resident Displaced Following Kitchen Fire


Daytona Beach, FL - An apartment resident is now getting help from the red cross after a fire destroys their kitchen.

According to Sasha Staton, the Community Relations Director with the Daytona Beach Fire Department, units were called to a call at the Camilla Court Apartments off Clyde Morris Boulevard in response to a structure fire around 10:30 this morning (January 20th).


Staton says the fire, which was confined to the kitchen, was soon taken out by responders using extinguishers. Smoke did however damage most of the apartment.

DBFD reports that no injuries were sustained from the fire and that the fire did not damage or spread to any connected units on the property.

The Red Cross has been contacted to help the displaced resident.

Photo courtesy of the Daytona Beach Fire Department.



No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment