Workers Burned By Power Line On South Beach Street In Daytona Beach

By on August 19, 2016 in WNDB News

Air One bethune point

Daytona Beach, FL-Air One landed in downtown Daytona Beach this morning to transport a worker to the hospital who came in contact with a live power line while working at 701 South Beach Street early today. The worker was on the roof and reportedly tenting the business for termites when the accident happened around 7 AM.

The 23-year-old man reportedly suffered third-degree burns and had an entrance wound on his arm and an exit on his foot.

FP&L responded and cut power to the scene. OSHA was also called to investigate. DBFD says earlier at the same site a worker was shocked when he came in contact with a power line on the roof. The 28-year-old male was taken non-emergency by ambulance to Halifax Hospital.

The business is listed as SOS Elite Marine. Air One landed at Bethune Point Park to transport the 23-year-old victim  to ORMC.

dbfd1 dbfd2 dbfd3

Photos by Daytona Beach Fire Department.

Southern Stone Communications Copyright

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top