Volusia County, FL– Bike Week will bring heavy traffic to Volusia County, and Votran riders should expect numerous delays, interruptions and route deviations.
Schedule delays can occur from March 10 to 19. Detours are subject to
change without notice.
“Votran will make every effort to notify customers as soon as the
detours and route deviations are expected,” said Steve Sherrer, Votran
general manager. “Buses will be rerouted to secondary roads when
traffic becomes congested. The latter part of Bike Week tends to affect
Votran routes and schedules more than the earlier days.”
From March 15 to 18, Votran vehicles will not use the Intermodal
Transit Facility at the Ocean Center. Route deviations include:
● Routes 1, 18 and 19 will make service stops on State Road A1A.
● Route 3 will not serve Riverside Drive between Second and Third
● Route 8 will make service stops on Halifax Avenue.
● Route 11 will experience service interruptions and detours. Buses
will use U.S. 1 from Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Fairview
Avenue. There will be no service to Volusia Square and the Daytona Flea
● Route 17A/B outbound will be unable to use Main Street beginning
March 10. It will use the International Speedway Boulevard bridge in
● Route 18 inbound, from State Road A1A, will use Seabreeze Boulevard
to Mason Avenue and U.S. 1 to the Votran Transfer Plaza.
● Routes 18 and 19 will not serve Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University and Daytona Beach International Airport.
● Route 60 will run a regular route and will have a bus added to the
Night and Sunday service will operate from the Transfer Plaza from
March 15 to 19. Route deviations include:
● Route 1 will use International Speedway Boulevard to State Road A1A
and will end at Vining Court and Granada Boulevard. There will be no
service on the Granada Bridge.
● Routes 3, 4 and 10 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard,
Beach Street and Michigan Street to Fairview Avenue outbound and
● On Sunday, Route 10 will be the same as night service from the
Votran Transfer Plaza but will not serve the Daytona Flea Market.
● Route 15 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Beach
● Route 17 will use International Speedway Boulevard to State Road
A1A. The route will end at Raymond Avenue and South Atlantic. There will
be no service on the Dunlawton Bridge.
Votran riders are encouraged to plan trips in advance. Riders may learn
more by visiting votran.org. The website provides up-to-date alerts and
real-time bus tracking. It also offers downloadable information for the
myStop mobile app for real-time bus information anywhere.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.
Photo courtesy Volusia.org.