Volusia and Flagler Counties, FL – Law enforcement agencies around Volusia and Flagler Counties are encouraging residents to clear out their medicine cabinets and turn in any unwanted or unused prescription drugs during National Drug Take-Back Day on April 28.
National Drug Take-Back Day is sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). The initiative began nearly eight years ago as a way to get unwanted prescription drugs off the street, prevent drug overdoses, and keep harmful prescription drugs out of the hands of children, according to Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.
Participating agencies will allow residents to anonymously drop off unwanted medications on Saturday, April 28, from 10 AM until 2 PM at some of the following locations in Volusia County:
- VCSO District Headquarters: 1706 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand; (386) 943-7866
- VCSO District Headquarters: 1435 U.S. 1, Suite D-3, Ormond Beach; (386) 323-0151
- VCSO District Headquarters: 101 E. Canal Street, New Smyrna Beach; (386) 423-3301
- VCSO District Headquarters: 1691 Providence Blvd., Deltona; (386) 860-7030
- VCSO District Headquarters: 79 S. Charles Beall Blvd., DeBary; (386) 668-3830
- Port Orange PD: 4545 S. Clyde Morris Blvd., Port Orange; (386) 506-5800
- DeLand PD: 219 West Howry Ave., DeLand; (386) 626-7400
- Edgewater PD: 135 E. Park Ave., Edgewater; (386) 424-2400
- Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety Department: 3050 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach Shores; (386) 763-5321
- Ormond Beach PD: 170 W Granada Blvd., Ormond Beach; (386) 248-1777
In Flagler County, you can drop off prescriptions at the following locations:
- Flagler Beach PD: 204 South Flagler Ave., Flagler Beach; (386) 517-2023
- FCSO Palm Coast District Office: 160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite C-107, Palm Coast; (386) 437-4116
- Publix Super Market at Palm Coast Town Center: 800 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
- Publix Super Market at Belle Terre Crossings: 4950 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
- Publix Super Market at Island Walk at Palm Coast: 250 Palm Coast Pkwy. N.E., Palm Coast
Photo courtesy David Smart and Shutterstock.com.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018.