Space Heater Sparks Fire At Magnolia Ave. Home In Daytona Beach

By on January 18, 2018 in WNDB News

Daytona Beach, FL – One person was transported to the hospital for treatment and two dogs died following a fire at a home on Magnolia Ave. in Daytona Beach.

At around 12:35 PM on Thursday, firefighters arrived at 314 Magnolia Ave. According to the Daytona Beach Fire Department (DBFD), heavy smoke and flames were coming from the second story. Two individuals and two dogs resided at the home.

A male occupant of the home told firefighters that he was using a space heater. The other occupant was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation. Firefighters were able to contain the fire, but the dogs were not able to get out of the home or be rescued.

The Red Cross is now providing assistance to individuals who lived at the home. The DBFD urges those using a space heater to place it at least 3 feet from any curtains, clothing, or any combustible material. Always make sure to turn off space heaters before leaving the room and only plug them into wall outlets, not extension cords or power strips. Never leave a space heater unattended, especially if you are not home.

Photos courtesy of the DBFD.

Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018.

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top