Ormond Beach, FL – Ormond Beach Police Department (OBPD) says a man died after he was electrocuted while inspecting a roof at an Ormond Beach home on Friday.
58-year-old William Spear, of Mount Dora, was inspecting a roof at 127 Windward Cir. in Ormond Beach at around 8:37 AM Friday and attaching a camera to a metal pole. The metal pole touched nearby power lines, and Spear was electrocuted.
Police and the fire department responded, and Spear was taken to the hospital by ambulance. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. OBPD says the death appears to be accidental.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018.