Man Barricades Himself Inside Ormond Beach Home After Threatening Police

By on September 25, 2017 in WNDB News

Ormond Beach, FL – Update: Late Sunday night, police decided to leave the area of a home where a man with access to weapons had barricaded himself after threatening officers.

The decision was made at about 11:22 PM, nearly four and a half hours after police were called to the scene for a domestic violence complaint. Officials say police decided to withdraw because the victim and witness, the suspect’s mother and step-father, were being uncooperative and had changed their testimony. Before they left the area, officers were able to de-escalate the situation.

Even though Brian Beighle, 37, would not cooperate with law enforcement, he was no longer threatening or hostile by the time officers left the scene. However, two officers opted to stay nearby in case he got aggressive with his parents again.

The charge was a misdemeanor, so a complaint affidavit has been sent to the State Attorney’s Office for an arrest warrant.

Earlier Reporting:

Police in Ormond surrounded a home on Shadow Creek Way on Sunday night after a man with access to weapons threatened officers and barricaded himself inside.

Officers from the Ormond Beach Police Department were called to 9 Shadow Creek Way at around 6:47 PM on the night of September 24 about a domestic violence complaint. As officers were outside speaking with the victim, her 37-year-old son came out of the house and yelled threats at the officers. He then quickly went back into the house.

His parents told officers that he did have access to weapons, so more officers and a crisis negotiator were called to the scene. The crisis negotiator tried to establish a dialogue with the suspect, but he refused to come out of the house.

Officials say the investigation is ongoing and updates will be provided as new information becomes available.

Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.



If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.