Investigators Looking Into Possible Ormond Arson

By on March 14, 2019 in WNDB News
Ormond Beach Fire Department responding to 390 Muddy Creek Lane after
fire breaks out inside the home (Ormond Beach Professional Firefighters)

Ormond Beach, FL – Investigators are looking into a fire at an Ormond Beach home which may have been intentionally set.

The city’s police department and the Florida Fire Marshal’s Office have taken over the case following yesterday morning’s (March 13th) fire in the gated Tymber Creek community.

According to the OBPD incident report, two painters working on a home across the street spotted “a large amount of” smoke coming out of 390 Muddy Creek Lane around 10:15 a.m. and went to check it out.

One of those painters called 911 after spotting flames inside the home as well as a large “aggressive” dog which he claims nearly bit him.

OBFD units showed up minutes later and managed to free the German Shepherd before finding the 47-year-old woman who owns the home – Jennifer Dennison – locked inside a small closet in the master bedroom.

Paramedics took Dennison to a nearby hospital soon afterward, according to the OBFD union Facebook page. She may not survive, per OBPD officials.

The incident report shows that OBFD investigators found “several” small fires inside the home, leading them to think it could be an arson case. Other relevant information in the report was redacted by OBPD.

Ormond Beach Animal Control turned the dog over to the Halifax Humane Society after chasing it down in the backyard.

OBPD officials say the home has been the location for nearly 40 police calls since July 2016, including one on February 19th after getting a report from an attorney representing the father of Dennison’s two school-aged children that they were withdrawn from school after not showing up there for over a week.

Jennifer Dennison
(Volusia County Jail)

According to the arrest report in that case, Dennison wouldn’t open the front door for around 25 minutes after OBPD officers arrived once she and one of her kids made eye contact with them.

Once she did, the dog lunged at the police officers and had to be forced back inside after some of those officers took out Tasers, per the report. It does note that Dennison did attempt to keep the dog under control the whole time and that the arrest came after Dennison led the dog back inside.

The report shows that the dog did bite an Ormond Beach Animal Control officer in the hand and stomach while attempting to take it from the home.

Dennison was eventually arrested on seven counts that day, including five separate ones of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and two counts of resisting an officer. She left Volusia County Jail a week later after posting $10,000 bond.

Her court arraignment is currently scheduled for April 3rd.


If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.