Flagler County, FL – Flagler County Sheriff-elect Rick Staly announced on Monday that Jack Bisland, a law enforcement veteran with over 38 years of experience, will be his Undersheriff, making him 2nd-in-command at FCSO.
Bisland began his career with the Winter Springs and Longwood Police Departments before joining the FL Department of Law Enforcement. He retired from FDLE as the Daytona Beach Region Resident-Agent-in-Charge then joined an International Security company where he was the Director of Operations. Later, he became a Regional VP for Valor Security where he commanded a security team of over 35 employees and managed a budget of around $7 million.
In 2013 Bisland was FCSO’s Investigative Services Division Commander and he recently served as an investigator with the 7th Judicial Circuit State ATtorney’s Office where he supervised the Career Criminal Unit and conducted investigations of public corruption.
Bisland has served as a subject matter expert with FDLE’s Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, and was a criminal justice adjunct instructor at Daytona State College.
“I am excited to have Jack join my team,” said Sheriff-elect Staly. “He is well respected in the law enforcement community and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Sheriff’s Office.”
Staly also announced the members of his Transition Team, all of whom are serving at no cost to the taxpayers. The people listed below will begin serving on November 30, 2016:
- Mr. Jack Bisland, FCSO Undersheriff appointee-select
- Cmdr. Bob Weber, Palm Coast, FL, FCSO Commander, Retired
- Chief Mark Strobridge, Chuluota, FL, Division Chief, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Retired
- Mr. Kevin McCarthy, Daytona Beach, FL, Coastal Florida PBA Representative
- Colonel Lloyd Freckleton, Flagler Beach, FL, U.S. Army Military Police and NYCDC, Riker’s Island Warden, Retired
- Dr. Joe Saviak, St. Augustine, FL, Assistant Director and Associate Professor, Public Administration, Flagler College
- Mr. Ken Neu, Palm Coast, FL, Assistant Chief, Violent Crimes and Major Offenders Program, Criminal Investigative Division, FBIHQ, Washington, DC, Retired
- Ms. Jackie Rector, Palm Coast, FL, Insurance Executive
- Mr. Edward Gepner, Palm Coast, FL, Gepner & Associates CPA
- Mr. Frank DeAngelo, Palm Coast, FL, President & CEO, Applejam, Inc., Retired
- Major Braulio Peruvero, Palm Coast, FL, Florida Department of Corrections, Retired
“I am very appreciative of our community and business leaders that are willing to serve on the transition team,” said Staly. “Like so many members of our community they are deeply concerned and committed to the safety of our community and making the Sheriff’s Office the best Agency in the state.”
The Transition Team will be co-chaired by Staly and Bisland.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2016.