Discarded Cigarette Sparks Edgewater House Fire

By on March 20, 2016 in WNDB News

Edgewater garage

Edgewater, FL-Residents displaced by a garage fire at a home in Edgewater Saturday are staying with friends while repairs are made. Fire officials say the fire in the garage of the home was caused by a discarded cigarette. Fire damaged the garage and smoke damaged the home.

Fire crews went to the home at 2615 Kumquat Drive on Saturday around 8 PM when a caller reported the garage was on fire.

Police officers arriving at the scene helped the occupant get out safely. The loss is estimated at $30,000. There were no injuries.

Edgewater Fire was assisted by New Smyrna Beach Fire Department.

2016 Southern Stone Communications Copyright

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top