DeLand, Florida – As part of the Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Drug Take-Back Day, the DeLand Police Department is collecting prescriptions from people that do not want them, do not need them or drugs that have expired.
On Saturday, April 29, the DeLand PD will collect drugs from 10 AM to 2 PM in the parking lot in front of their building, 219 West Howry Avenue, DeLand.
Individuals who wish to participate but cannot make it on collecting day can use some of the following tips from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:
- Remove medication from the container they came in and mix them with any anything that may ruin their integrity or desirability like used coffee grounds, dirt or litter.
- Place them in sealed container and then into the trash.
- Scratch or write on the original container to make it unreadable so no one can see our private information.
- Never give unwanted or unused prescriptions to friends or family.
- Ask a pharmacist if you are unsure of how to get rid of your drugs safely.
For more information on the DeLand PD’s drug take-back, call 386-626-7468 to reach the Community Services Unit.
Photo courtesy David Smart and Shutterstock.com.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.