DeLand Home Destroyed In Fire After Residents Burned Menorah Candles

By on December 20, 2017 in WNDB News

DeLand, FL – A DeLand family’s home was destroyed in an early morning fire on Wednesday, according to DeLand police.

The fire occurred at 915 Marlboro Dr. at about 1 AM on Wednesday. DeLand Police say that residents reported that a family had been burning menorah candles before they went to bed. The residents of the home woke up to the sound of smoke detectors and found that their sofa was on fire.

The home is divided into a duplex, and one side of the home was a complete loss, according to DeLand police. All of the residents and pets on both sides of the duplex made it out safely without injuries, but one firefighter sustained minor injuries during the response.

Officials say that the fire does not appear suspicious, and there were no signs of arson.

Photo courtesy DeLand Police Department’s social media.

Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top