Daytona Beach, FL – 14 females and nine males, including a juvenile, ended up in handcuffs a few days before Christmas after Daytona Beach police conduct a large swath of prostitution stings known as “Operation Blue Christmas.”
Reports from Daytona Beach Police Department shows that two different prostitution stings were held on December 21st and December 22nd. One a regular prostitution sting and the other a reverse sting.
On December 21st, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., Daytona Beach police made 14 total arrests, split down the middle with seven misdemeanor arrests and seven felony arrests.
Each defendant on the 21st, excluding one, was approached by undercover officers who offered between $20-40 for some kind of sexual act from the defendant. After the defendant accepted the money, they would be taken into custody with police.
One defendant, 20-year-old Bobby Harris, was arrested during the December 21st stings, but not for prostitution. Officers say they found Harris at the corner of Madison Avenue and Ridgewood Avenue, rolling a cigarette which was believed to have contained marijuana.
Officers approached Harris before he threw the cigarette on the ground after realizing they were police.
The charges and arrests during the December 21st stings are as follows (Defendants are named left to right as they appear in the above photo):
- Joni Harper – Felony Prostitution, Possession of Heroin & Paraphernalia
- Sasha Dent – Misdemeanor Prostitution
- Jennifer Lahive – Misdemeanor Prostitution, Possession of Cocaine & Paraphernalia
- Tracy Whipper – Felony Prostitution
- Teresa Agner – Felony Prostitution
- Pearl West – Misdemeanor Prostitution
- Kayce Baxter – Misdemeanor Prostitution, Possession of Paraphernalia
- Linda Sherrill – Misdemeanor Prostitution
- Sheri Beeny – Felony Prostitution, Possession of Paraphernalia
- Maritza Myers – Felony Prostitution, Possession of Paraphernalia
- Simone Bolden – Misdemeanor Prostitution, Possession of Paraphernalia
- Tammy Rhoads – Misdemeanor Prostitution, Possession of Marijuana under 20 grams and Paraphernalia
- Shayla McDonald – Misdemeanor Prostitution
- Bobby Harris – Possession of Hash Oil
On December 2nd, DBPD conducted the second round of prostitution stings, this time a reverse sting that also included the arrest of a juvenile.
Here, undercover officers would pose as prostitutes on known street corners such as Fremont Avenue and Ridgewood. When approached by a defendant, officers would charge them a fee for a sexual act and follow them to their car.
Officers would lead them to a spot where “takedown” officers would be waiting to make the arrest.
The arrests on December 22nd are as follows (Defendants are named left to right as they appear in the above photo after Harris):
- Sandy Reamore – Prostitution
- Kimberly Joyce – Tresspassing
- Gerald Stackpole – Prostitution
- Sean King – Prostitution, Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Cannabis Possession
- Bruce Strope – Prostitution
- Christopher Miller Jr. – Prostitution
Mugshots were not available for the following:
- Joseph Emanuele – Prostitution
- Robert Mandarino – Prostitution
A juvenile was also arrested for prostitution, their mugshot and arrest report is not available.