WNDB 93.5 FM/1150 AM

1 Dead, 3 Hospitalized Due To Indoor Generator Use In Daytona Beach

By on September 13, 2017 in WNDB News

Daytona Beach, FL Update: The name of the woman who died in the Daytona Beach home due to carbon monoxide poisoning from use of a generator is identified as 34-year-old Dorothy Giddens.

Update: The man in Daytona that discovered the three people inside a home with a generator running has been discharged from Halifax Hospital.

The two remaining patients suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning that had been transported to Halifax Hospital have now been transferred to St. Mary’s Medical Center. This hospital is in West Palm Beach, FL. They are being transferred to this facility to be placed in the hyperbaric  chamber to help eliminate the Carbon Monoxide out of their bloodstream.

Earlier Reporting:

One person is dead and three others are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a generator was used inside a Daytona Beach home.

The Daytona Beach Fire Department was called to 400 S. Keech St. in Daytona Beach at 4:45 on Wednesday morning about several patients suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Officials say a friend went to the home and found a generator inside with the front door cracked open slightly. All three adult occupants were unconscious when the friend and a Daytona Beach Police Officer pulled them from the home.

The friend and police officer were checked out for mild exposure and firefighters checked the surrounding houses to make sure they were clear of carbon monoxide levels.

DBFD strongly urges everyone without power and using generators to keep them outside of the house and away from windows, vents, or air intakes. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas that can cause sudden illness and death if too much is inhaled. If you’re running a generator and start feeling sick, dizzy, light-headed, or if you experience flu-like systems, go outside and get fresh air immediately. DBFD also encourages all homeowners to get a carbon monoxide detector, especially if you’re using a generator.

Photo courtesy Vereshchagin Dmitry and shutterstock.com.

Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2017.

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top

newsdaytonabeach.com

WNDB EOE Report


 Southern Stone Communications
© 2016 Southern Stone Communications