Child Dead In Daytona Beach Home Possibly Due To CO From Generator

By on October 10, 2016 in WNDB News

fire truck light close

Daytona Beach, FL – Daytona Beach Fire Department is investigating after a 9-year-old was pronounced dead at a home on Mason Park Drive.

Investigators believe this may be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning. The 9-year-old boy, his parents and another child were all in a home with a generator running indoors. The generator was in a separate room with the door closed and towels placed under the door, but that wasn’t enough to stop the fumes from spreading through the house. When first responders arrived, the generator was no longer on, probably because it ran out of gas.

The father, mother and the other child were brought to Halifax hospital to be treated. On Monday afternoon, DBPD Public Information Officer Jimmie Flynt said “the father’s in critical condition. The mother… we’re unsure how she’s going to recover mentally from inhaling all of the fumes. The other child… last I heard they were waiting to see if they were going to transport him to Arnold Palmer Hospital over in Orlando.” The officer who went into the house was checked at the scene and is doing fine.

2016 Southern Stone Communications Copyright

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.

Top