Ormond Beach, FL – An undercover Backpage.com prostitution operation has led to 6 arrests, including 2 men who were driving women to the hotel.
In the operation, an undercover investigator posed as a customer at an Ormond Beach-area hotel on Tuesday and used Backpage.com to contact women who agreed to sex acts in exchange for cash. Speaking about Backpage.com, VCSO spokesman Andrew Gant said, “certainly there is legitimate business done on there, you know classifed ads for various things. But there is sort of a seedier side to it that we’re trying to basically infiltrate and disrupt that activity.”
The 6 people arrested are:
- 41-year-old Angel Poole, charged with solicitation to commit prostitution
- 37-year-old Jeffery Hunter, charged with deriving support from proceeds of prostitution
- 48-year-old Lucie Justice of Daytona Beach, charged with solicitation to commit prostitution
- 43-year-old Angela Lockhart of Daytona Beach, charged with solicitation to commit prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
- 42-year-old Elizabeth Hasle of Daytona Beach, charged with possession of heroin, aid/abet/commit prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
- 40-year-old Scott Drake of Port Orange, charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of heroin, deriving support from proceeds of prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
This operation was headed by the East Volusia Narcotics Task Force with help from the Ormond Beach Police Department and the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.
Photo courtesy Gustavo Frazao and Shutterstock.com.
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2016.