8 Pets Believed To Have Died In Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home In Samsula

By on January 5, 2018 in WNDB News

Samsula, FL – Eight pets are believed to have died in a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Samsula, according to Volusia County Fire Rescue.

Fire rescue responded to the mobile home located at 3658 Branch Crossing Rd. at 3:46 AM on Thursday. When officials arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames. “Unfortunately, when we arrived on the scene, the fire was going pretty strong, and it (the home) was a total loss,” says Shelley Szafraniec, spokesperson for Volusia County Fire Rescue.

The residents of the home were not at the home at the time of the fire, but they did arrive while officials were on scene, and someone with them said there were eight pets inside the home, including dogs. The residents are now believed to be staying with family, according to Volusia Fire Rescue.

Szafraniec says Fire Rescue believes the cause of the fire was a space heater. She reminds residents that it is very important, especially during this cold weather, to practice fire safety when using space heaters and other heating devices. You can find some heating safety tips from The National Fire Protection Association here.

Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018.



If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Comments are closed.