Palm Coast, FL – Thousands of senior adults across the nation gather with their neighbors and friends each fall to compete in the Senior Games. It’s a great way to make friends, remain active and have some fun outdoors and enjoy the beautiful fall weather!
This is the third year this friendly and fun competition is in our own back yard. Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games, presented by Cora Health Services Inc., will be held Sept. 10 to 18.
The registration deadline of Thursday, Sept. 1, is quickly approaching. Don’t miss out on the fun!
The local Senior Games offers competition in 14 sports. The Seniors Games are open to men and women ages 50 and up competing against other athletes of the same gender and age group. Registration is $15 and includes a T-shirt and participation in one sports event; participation in each additional sports event is $5. Competition is offered in nine different age categories.
To register, visit www.palmcoastgov.com/seniorgames for the registration form. Mail the form with payment to Palm Coast Parks & Recreation, attn.: Senior Games Coordinator Alex Boyer, 305 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Palm Coast, FL 32137. Or drop it off Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Palm Coast Community Center, 305 Palm Coast Parkway NE, or email it to email@example.com. Checks should be payable to: City of Palm Coast.
The Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games are sanctioned by the Florida Sports Foundation and serve as a local qualifying event for the Florida Senior Games State Championships. This year’s events are:
- Archery: 9 a.m. Sept. 10; at Indian Trails Middle School fields, 5505 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
- Golf Croquet: 8:30 a.m. Sept. 10; at Palm Harbor Golf Club, 100 Cooper Lane, Palm Coast
- Cycling: 8:30 a.m. Sept. 11; start will be at Intracoastal Park under the Hammock Bridge, adjacent to European Village, 101 Palm Harbor Pkwy., Palm Coast
- Ballroom Dancing (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Swing, Rumba and Cha Cha):2 p.m. Sept. 11; at the VFW, 37 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast
- Tennis: 9 a.m.Sept. 12; at the Palm Coast Tennis Center, 1290 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
- TennisMixed Doubles: 9 a.m. Sept. 13; at the Palm Coast Tennis Center, 1290 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
- Golf: Sept. 14, 8:30 a.m.shotgun start; at Palm Harbor Golf Club, at 20 Palm Harbor Drive, Palm Coast
- Horseshoes: 7:30 a.m.Sept. 14; at Old Dixie Community Park on North Old Dixie Highway, Bunnell
- Indoor Volleyball: 6 p.m. Sept. 14; location TBA
- Pickleball: 9 a.m.Sept. 15; at Belle Terre Park Tennis Center, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
- Pickleball Doubles: 9 a.m.Sept. 16; at Belle Terre Park Tennis Center, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
- Basketball Shooting: 6 p.m.Sept. 16; location TBA
- Table Tennis:6 p.m. Sept. 16; location TBA
- Swimming: 9 a.m.Sept. 17; at Frieda Zamba Swimming Pool, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
Cora Health Services is partnering with the City to provide public educational programs and sports medicine services for athletic events in Palm Coast this year. Cora Health Services has two clinics in Palm Coast.
The Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games are also sponsored by Humana, Florida Hospital Flagler, Tropical Smoothie Café, and the Palm Coast Observer.
Don’t miss out on the fun! Register by Sept. 1