New Smyrna Beach, FL– Adults can learn new computer skills with free classes at the New
Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach.
Upcoming programs include:
● Microsoft Word 2007: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 6.
Students will learn how to use the menu and tool bars, spell check, and
the help menu. They’ll also review basic formatting techniques and
practice creating, saving and opening documents. Prerequisites:
“Getting started with computers” class or equivalent computer
skills, along with strong keyboard and mouse skills.
● Internet basics: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 13.
Participants will learn how to explore the World Wide Web and the
library’s website. Topics will include locating a browser, using a
search engine, evaluating information searches, and keeping useful
information at hand. Prerequisites: “Getting started with computers”
class and strong keyboard and mouse skills.
● Getting started with computers: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, July
20. This beginners class will address computer components and operations
systems. Participants will learn how to use the mouse, touchpad and
keyboard. Basic knowledge of a typewriter keyboard is helpful.
● Intermediate computer skills: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday July
27. The instructor will cover editing tips and the basics of creating,
saving and printing files. Prerequisites: “Getting started with
computers” class and a basic knowledge of a typewriter keyboard.
Participants may bring their own laptops. Eight library laptops, which
use a Windows 7 operating system, are available on a first-come,
Registration is required as seating is limited to 12 persons; call
386-424-2910, option 4.