New Smyrna Beach, FL- Adults can improve their computer skills with free classes at the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach.
Upcoming programs include:
● Internet basics: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Participants will learn how to explore the World Wide Web and the
library’s website. Topics will include locating a browser, using a
search engine, evaluating information searches, and keeping useful
information at hand.
● Getting started with computers: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday,
Sept. 14. This beginners class will address computer components and
operations systems. Participants will learn how to use the mouse,
touchpad and keyboard. Basic knowledge of a typewriter keyboard is
● Intermediate computer skills: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept.
21. The instructor will cover editing tips and the basics of creating,
saving and printing files.
● Microsoft Word 2007: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Students will learn how to use the menu and tool bars, spell check, and
the help menu. They’ll also review basic formatting techniques and
practice creating, saving and opening documents.
Participants may bring their own laptops. Eight library laptops, which
use a Windows 7 operating system, are available on a first-come,