Daytona Beach, FL– The Daytona Beach Regional Library at City Island, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., will reopen May 5, and the librarians are wasting no time in scheduling children’s programs.
The weekly lineup, which begins May 8, includes:
·Family movies: 2 p.m. every Sunday. Children can watch a different movie, rated G or PG, each week. They may bring drinks and snacks.
· Baby tales storytime: 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Tuesday. This special program is designed for babies up to 18 months.
· Jump and jiggle: 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday. This music-filled program can help children 18 months and older build coordination, motor skills, rhythm, and flexibility.
· Legos free play: 2 to 3 p.m. every Wednesday. Children ages 5 to 13 can unleash their creativity with the library’s Lego blocks.
· Ready-to-learn storytime: 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. every Thursday. Children ages 18 months to 5 years old can enjoy stories, flannel books, songs, rhymes, and music-making.
· Family fun: 10:30 to 11 a.m. Saturdays, May 12 and 26. Families are invited to take part in crafts, stories and more. This program is appropriate for all ages.
Parents or caregivers must stay with their children.
Reservations are not required. For more information, call 386-257-6036, option 4.
Beginning May 6, the library will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Photo courtesy of shutterstock.com and Monkey Business Images
Copyright Southern Stone Communications 2018